Desktop Icons 2.0
2002, 81:00 minutes, colour & B/W, english
Desktop Icons 2.0 features short digital films and videos by Scottish and International artists, exploring the crossover of popular culture, media and new creative technologies. Desktop Icons 2.0 examines the computer desktop culture of today and the new moving images authored on (and sometimes for) desktops. The quiet digital film revolution has opened up a brave new world where new screen icons are promised 15 Megabytes of fame. It has also created exciting possibilities for more experimental and edgy work, stretching the boundaries of what was once known as cinematic reality. Curated by Iliyana Nedkova.
1. Artistic Statment N;45, 730, 944.
The Perfect Artistic Website - Young-Hae Chang Heavy Ind.South Korea, 2000, 6:00
2. Breeze - Mathias Muller, Germany, 2000, 1:00
3. Sarcophagus - Zeljko Vukicevic (aka Zhel), Croatia, 1999
4. We are the People - Suck on This - Beagles and Ramsay, Scotland, 1999
5. 02.03.2000 - Kevin Dosch, Belgium, 2000, 5:41
6. Am I Wrong - Geoffrey de Crecy, France, 2000, 3:50
7. lovehotel - Linda Wallace, Australia, 2000, 6:45
8. True Words - Evil Images - Rough Rhythms - Harald Schleicher, Germany, 2001, 8:00
9. Grüß Gott österriech! - Bernadette Huber, Austria, 2000, 4:15
10. I Ching - Mark Wallace, Scotland, 2000, 12:00
11. Buena Vista Fight Club - Evan Mather, USA, 2000, 4:00
12. Coin Laundry, X,Y,Z - Satoshi Tomioka, Japan, 2000, 8:00
13. Belichtungen - Torsten Lauschmann, Scotland, 1999
14. Bass Invaders - Simon Ellis, England, 2001
Rental and Sales
Single Screening Rental
Educational Purchase DVD (Bluray +$15)
5 Year Educational Streaming License, Digital File with DVD Circulation Copy
Gallery Exhibition and Installation, complete Media Request form for quote
Institutional Archival Acquisition, complete Media Request form for quote
Curators and programmers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a login and password to preview Vtape titles online.
Screening and exhibition rentals and archival acquisitions include public performance rights; educational purchases or licenses include rights for classroom screenings and library circulation. When placing an order the customer agrees to our general online terms and conditions. Payment (or a purchase order number) and a signed licensing agreement must be received before media can be shipped to the client.